The 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival 2014
The 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival Opening Ceremony was held at PWTC Hall 2 last March 27, 2014. I am lucky enough to be invited together with the other Malaysian Bloggers to cover this opening ceremony. It was full of VIP’s, Foreign Guests and Journalists among others from Singapore, Brunei, South Korea, Hongkong, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Sweden, Canada and MFMA; Malaysian footwear Manufacturer’s Association, and Local Media.
Did you know that:
- Malaysia is now internationally recognised as the hub of this region’s shoe industry.
- Malaysia is currently ranked 19th worldwide in terms of export of shoes.
- Malaysia’s footwear production centre is located in Ipoh.
- Ministry of Tourism and Culture has recognised the Malaysia International Shoe Festival as a signature event to be listed in the VMY 2014 tourism events calendar.
- Kuala Lumpur has been voted as the 4th best shopping destination in the world by CNN Travel in 2012 and 2013
- The Giant Shoe Box has been certified by the Malaysian Book of Records as the biggest Shoe Box in Malaysia measuring 20 feet in length, 6.5 feet in height and 12 feet in width.
- During the #MISF2014 A custom-crafted 5 foot stiletto adorned with swarovski crystal was displayed at PWTC Hall 2.
All I can say is that, It was a fun event both for men and women who loves shoes and shopping. MISF also organised Shoe Design Contest and and some fun activities for kids as well. Even Michael Jackson(impersonator) was there to entertain people who was so busy shopping that time, Even I need to stop to take some videos of him Lol. I was at PWTC twice, First the Opening ceremony and my second time there was to shop since media/bloggers received a lot of vouchers but didn’t managed to use them at all. The part I totally enjoyed was the shoes! Most of them were buy one take one and some are for charities which is a very good way to spend your money at the same time you are helping other people. Also Dato Jimmy Choo’s meet & greet is a must thing to do there!
Happy to see and meet other bloggers who was at the event too! sizzlingsuzai, jessytheklchic, and JLbuzzbee. The girls were so nice and happy to be friends with them. Hoping to meet and be friends with other Malaysian Bloggers too in the future events! The Shoes full of Swarovski Crystal looks amazing! I can’t even believe How huge and tall it is as you can see in the photo above.
Looking forward to next year already! Another fun shoe event and another Success for Malaysia.
Please watch this quick video I took that time! Subscribe please! Thanks x0~