3 Fashion Tips for Your Next Job Interview
Applying for a job can be a very scary experience for both new and experienced jobseekers. Fortunately, if you have the right look, you will not only improve your own confidence but potentially impress the interviewer as well. In fact, to help you out with your job interview, here are 3 fashion tips to follow:
1. Wear work appropriate clothing.
When going into an interview, it is crucial that you learn more about the working environment beforehand to determine the best attire to wear. For example, if you are dressing for a professional interview, here are some clothing tips:
• Wear a navy, dark grey, or black suit • Ensure that the suit skirt is long enough to comfortably sit • Wear conservative shoes and a coordinated blouse • Wear neutral pantyhose
• Wear a navy or dark grey suit
• Wear a long sleeve shirt that is coordinated with the suit
• Wear a belt and tie
• Wear conservative shoes with black socks
If the working environment is a little more relaxed, you may need to dress for business casual or startup casual. However, no matter what type of job you are applying for, you should always put effort into your appearance to avoid insulting both yourself and the interviewer.
If you are wearing jewellery for an interview, you should avoid anything that is too flashy, dangling, or cheap. In most cases, a pair of earrings work well for women. Men should also reduce the amount of jewellery they wear when going in for interviews.
2. Make sure that your clothes are ready for any interview.
Since interviews can happen at any time, you should have interview clothes ready beforehand. For example, even if you are not actively job hunting, ensuring that clothes fit neatly and are kept in good condition will benefit you.
To help keep your clothes in good shape for future interviews, consider the following:
• Keep your interview clothes neatly hung up and in bags to prevent wrinkles and keep them free from dust
• Set out your interview clothes the night before an interview
• Polish your shoes
• Take your clothes to the cleaners after an interview to have them ready for future events
3. Wear light makeup.
When going to an interview, it is recommended to wear light and professional makeup. You may want to avoid wearing anything on your face that is too dark since you could make yourself look too tired or bold. Keeping with natural colours that complement your clothes, eyes, and skin tone will help you look and feel fresh.
If you want to make your eyes look brighter, you can use beauty products, such as Lumiere Bio-Restorative Eye Cream, to help freshen your skin. Such products are typically designed to help reduce dark eyes, signs of fatigue, and puffiness to make you appear more energetic and youthful.
With these 3 fashion tips, you can confidently walk into your next interview with your head held high.
Kylee Hutch is a recruiter with a passion for style. She loves to write about how to incorporate better style into the office by writing on career blogs.
RECEIVE FASHION TRAVELS UPDATES & GIVEAWAYS FOR FREE!