2 tablespoons black bean sauce or chilli bean sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Cut the spareribs crosswise into 1″ – 2″ sections. In Singapore we can buy sliced spareribs that they’d packed already in the market so that will do as well. About two packs of it.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients.
3. Transfer spareribs and sauce into a shallow, heatproof dish that will fit inside your steamer.
4. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Set spareribs in steamer. (Any kind of steamer will do) Steam on med-high heat for 18-20 minutes until ribs are no longer pink.
6. Make sure that when you are steaming that you don’t run out of water in the steamer. Replenish with additional water, if needed.
My husband cooked this yummy Chinese dish yesterday for my friends who had lunch together with us in our house. One of my friend Nelia started her home study cooking in our house and my husband is the cook who will be teaching her and we will try to teach her other recipes as well whenever we find another free time. Oh! My husband added some chilli’s as well since we love eating spicy foods so you can add some as well if you like it too. So watch out for more recipes and I will be trying to get some video clips if I don’t get too lazy haha! This is a great recipe specially for the husbands out there who would like to cook for their wives, Since this one is very easy to make. Just like 1 2 3 method! Believe me! Anyways, Thanks for reading everyone! God Bless! xoxo Have a nice day!
If you guys have Instagram you might wanna follow me as well! Username: tauyanm